If you’re traveling from the Netherlands to another country, you’ll miss your favorite shows on Netflix that you’re used to back home. This means that Netflix libraries change depending on the country you’re in. For example, if you’re traveling to Germany you’ll have access to Netflix Germany.
Luckily, by using a reputable VPN, you can change your Netflix library to that of a country of your choice, like the Netherlands. In this article, we will show how to do precisely that. Let’s dive in!
Summary: How to Watch Dutch Netflix in Other Countries
You need a VPN to watch Dutch Netflix in countries where it’s unavailable. Here’s how:
Why You Need a VPN to Watch Dutch Netflix in Other Countries
As a result of licensing agreements with content creators, Netflix can only air certain shows in certain countries or jurisdictions. This means that different Netflix users from around the world have access to different content on the streaming platform.
For this reason, you can only access Dutch Netflix from within the Netherlands, unless you use a robust VPN. A VPN helps you change your IP address to that of a country of your choice. For example, if you’re in Germany, you can use a VPN to connect to a server in the Netherlands and stream Dutch Netflix.
How to Watch Dutch Netflix From Anywhere
Now that you understand the importance of a VPN for watching Dutch Netflix from another country. Below, find step-by-step instructions on how to download and set one up.
- Subscribe to a VPN: I recommend NordVPN. It’s easy to use, affordable, and consistently bypasses geo-blocks on streaming platforms.
- Download and install NordVPN: Get the right app for your device from your device’s app store or NordVPN’s website.
- Log in to the NordVPN app: Use the credentials from step one to log in to the app.
- Connect to a server in the Netherlands.
- Log in to Netflix and find your favorite Dutch movies and shows.
- Hit Play and Enjoy!
NordVPN: The Best VPN For Watching Dutch Netflix In Other Countries
It’s crucial to pick the right VPN based on various factors. Below find the main reasons why I recommend NordVPN over other VPNs for streaming Dutch Netflix from abroad.
- A large server network: NordVPN has 6,000+ servers in 60+ countries with 200 servers in the Netherlands alone. This is sufficient for watching Netflix Netherlands from any corner of the globe.
- Simultaneous connections: You can connect up to six devices under one subscription. You are also allowed to share your subscription with friends and family.
- Blazing fast speeds: VPNs tend to slow down your raw speeds due to strong encryption and rerouting your data through extra servers. NordVPN does this but optimizes speeds for streaming. As a result, you can watch Dutch Netflix without hiccups or lag.
- 24/7 live chat support: In case you run into any issues, NordVPN offers 24/7 live chat support. In my experience, they respond in under two minutes when I reach out.
Conclusion: Watch Dutch Netflix in Other Countries
If you’re traveling to another country from the Netherlands, you’ll need a VPN to keep up with your favorite content on Netflix Netherlands. However, you can’t go with just any VPN. You’ll need a VPN that’s fast, secure, has servers in the Netherlands, and more.
You might also like:
- How to Watch Netflix Philippines in Canada
- How to Watch Netflix Germany in the US
- How to Watch Netflix Canada In Mexico
- How to Watch Netflix Mexico in the US
FAQ: How to Watch Dutch Netflix in Other Countries
Below, find frequently asked questions on how to watch Dutch Netflix in other countries.
Can I watch Dutch Netflix in other countries with a free VPN?
Technically, yes. But I don’t recommend it. Why? Free VPNs tend to be slow for streaming due to congested servers.
Is using a VPN to watch Dutch Netflix on Netflix legal?
Yes. A VPN is a privacy tool used to protect your data and information online.